Thursday, August 28, 2008

HDR

I was experimenting HDR technique for a while but never got the effect that I wanted.
Somehow I feel the HDR from PS CS3 doesn't seem to be give me the effect that I wanted. Either the PS lacks in that area or I am too amatuer to know how to harness its capabilities.
Anyway I was experimenting with Photomatix, another highly recommended software from forums. It works pretty well.
A quick summary how to create a HDR.
1) AV priority
2) That at least 3 bracketed shots. Basically what I like to do is to set to continuous shot. Set my AEB and set it on a tripod and fire away. If you like take about 5 to give it a more dynamic effect
3) Use photmatix to merge them to create a HDR
4) Use Photoshop to tune up the pictures. Bascially I generally use Curves, Contrast and Saturation layers. The Others are for a need basis.







These Pictures are a little too dramatic but I like it that way. I was trying to push it all the way to its limit.

Shy@n

No comments: