Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Photography In General

After having started photography not too long ago, I must say my impression of photography has changed quite a bit.

I used to think what's so difficult of taking a few pictures. Point and shoot. The layman's point of view.

But having started reading and physically trying out photography, I realise taking a picture is easy, but capturing the moment and feeling and emotion is the greatest challenge.
The technical details of handling a camera, everyone can do it with enough time, but the art of taking a picture is one that come with one's creativity and experiences.

Digital age now has made photograph so much cheaper. We can take tons of pictures and delete them later on. I cannot imagine in the old days where those photographers who had to use film with no way of previewing their picture and only to know the results in the darkroom ( like a student waiting for the result of an important exams) These days with so many software around, a badly taken picture can be made into one that could make it to a magazine cover.

So do photographer and a photoshopper(as I call it) both consider artists in their own right?
I would like to think so.

By the way, I got my EF-S 55-250mm IS. Pretty decent lens at a rather affordable price. =)
I would test it out in Hanoi.

Next 2 items on my wishlist for my camere is the Zenitar 16mm f/2.8 Super Wide Lens w/EOS Mount as well as the Raynox DCR-250 Super Macro Lens. Seems to be rather decent and at a reasonable price too. Those would have to wait....Limited Budget.

Busy editing pictures these days. So will post as soon as they are done. =)

Shy@n

No comments: